The rules for the Penguin Sea Shanty contest are:
- The entry must be in the form of a Sea Shanty; so it must be a rhythmical piece suitable for hauling ropes or turning capstans.
- The entry should have three verses and three refrains. If it is the form of shanty that is call and response, with alternating lines for verse and chorus then three verses with embedded chorus.
- The entry should contain the word “penguin” somewhere. Extra points if it is in the refrain and so appears multiple times BUT penguin must make literary sense where it is used.
- Penguins MAY be harmed in the lyrics but we here at FKO are fond of penguins so whimsical penguin peril should be employed where possible.
- Have fun and have at it. See you on Sunday.
Sign up below. If all the slots are filled put your name on the waiting list. If there is time left when all the entrants have done their songs, we will take as many from the waiting list as time permits.
Song lyrics should be emailed to peggiwl[at]gmail[dot]com.